Photobucket Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, October 1, 2015

August 20th, 2015: Kinsley Gets Evaluated

After much worry and concert, we had Kinsley evaluated. When we brought Paisley for her first appointment I mentioned that Kinsley was still struggling. Our pediatrician said it was time to refer her for an evaluation. So, we started the process. The first visit was just paperwork and we met with the coordinator, Lebby. We then had her evaluation with the speech and occupational therapist. Kinsley ended up scoring the following:

65 Expressive
94 Receptive
100 Cognitive

Anything under 70 is considered poor. The state just changed the laws to where you have to qualify in both areas. The speech therapist did a different test and Kinsley qualified on that test for expressive language.

The next step is to meet to develop her plan. She will receive in home therapy and then at age 3 transition to preschool for speech services.

I have such mixed emotions. I know she needs this. I've known for awhile. I wish I had listened to my guy instinct and referred her sooner. But, I am happy she is getting services now before kindergarten.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.