The night before surgery I was really having a hard time. I felt like I was lying to Kinsley. She knew she was going to get tubes to help her hear better and we told her that maybe they would take some owies out of her mouth. So, the morning of she seemed excited. She wanted to eat and drink but of course we couldn't let her. We headed to the surgical center and the ride with her went better than I thought it would. We got there and she was saying she was hungry. I sat with her while Kevin checked us in. My parents arrived with Steph. That was a nice distraction for her. We got called back and she still seemed excited. She saw Dr. Page and was fine with him. She chose her flavor for the anesthesia mask. They didn't tell us that we would be separated from her for this part so that came to a shock for me. Once the nurse came, Nurse Lisa, she took Kinsley's hand and we walked with her. Then Lisa told me I couldn't come any further. She walked away with Kinsley. That was hard.
We went out to the waiting room because the recovery room was full. About 30 minutes later (we thought it'd be 45 minutes) Dr. Page came out and said everything went great. He said her ears, especially right, full of mucous. I asked if he thought there was any permanenet hearing loss and he didn't believe so.
About 15 minutes later, we got called back to see Kinsley. We went back and she didn't appear to be moving. Then, the nurse asked if she liked to be covered up. We said yes. Then Kinsley moved and tried picking up her head. She was panicking. She was trying to get out of the bed. She wouldn't calm down. They asked if I wanted to lay in the bed with her so I did. She was trying to take the IV out. It was hard to understand, but she was saying, "My mouth hurts".



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.