Photobucket Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, June 13, 2015

June 12th, 2015: 36 Weeks, 2 Days

I had my 36 weeks appointment this week. I weighed in at 139.5lbs which is 23lbs weight gained according to my first appointment with Goodman and Partridge. I believe I gained 2-3lbs before I ever saw them so I probably have gained 25-26lbs.


I finally remembered to ask about induction. My doctor said they do not induce for a vbac due to the risk of uterine rupture. This is exactly what I read so it is what I figured. Plus, they never mentioned induction so I figured there was a reason. My doctor said that if my cervix is dilated to a 3-4 then it is possible she would attempt a low dose of Pitocin. But, it's a case by case situation and the other doctors most likely will not. So, Baby Paisley needs to either come on her own or it will be a C-section.


I have very mixed feelings. Ultimately, I want to attempt a VBAC. The recovery from the C-section was awful.  This time it would be worse while caring for the twins, a newborn and moving into a new house with stairs. The only reason I would want one is because I know what to expect. A vaginal birth is unfamiliar to me and I don't like change. I feel embarrassed and unprepared for a vaginal birth. It makes me nervous! But, I will still attempt a VBAC because I feel it is best for us all. I am really hoping Paisley decides to come on her own as July approaches... and that she skips all of the family members birthdays:)


I did the Group B streptococcus screening at my appointment. It was quick and painless. Hopefully it comes back negative.


So, everything looks great. I scheduled the next 4 appointments since Dr. Gondivan is out of town through July 16th. I won't see a doctor next week but I will the following weeks. I went ahead and scheduled my last appointment for July 7th which is a day before my "scheduled" C-section. I'm hoping at that time my doctor says my cervix is dilated and allows me to go to the hospital.... then she might be born on the 7th or 8th!  Wishful thinking I'm sure!


I have noticed my belly has dropped. I also have much more discharge. I am hoping she hangs in there for awhile. I do feel she won't come on her own though but I sure hope she does!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.