Photobucket Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, September 10, 2012

September 7th, 2012: Appointment with OB


Today was our appointment with my OB to have a cervical length check and a measurement of the SCH.  It got off to a rough start… the nurse’s assistant used the Doppler to listen to the heartbeats of the babies.  It took her awhile to find one baby’s heartbeat and then she stopped.  I informed her there were two babies.  She wasn’t aware of that and tried to find baby #2’s heartbeat. She couldn’t find it so she went and got my doctor. I was pretty frightened at this point! My OB came in and was able to find both babies’ heartbeats (159 and 163). She then asked how I was doing and if I was having any problems.  I discussed how uncomfortable I’ve been and the pain I have on the balls of my feet. Me being uncomfortable is to be expected. Since my feet aren’t swollen, it’s most likely okay and probably just a nerve being pushed on. If my feet swell or become red, it could be a blood clot and I need to be seen. I also asked if I’ve gained too much weight and she said I’ve gained 9 since my first appointment with them. She said I’m doing well and should gain 35-50 pounds.  So, I feel much better about this. She also said the fact that I’m tiny is why I’m uncomfortable and my belly button is starting to pop!

I asked if I was having an ultrasound, and she said the appointment wasn’t made for that so we’d have to schedule an appointment for that.  I told her this appointment was supposed to be an ultrasound to check the SCH and cervical length.  She said I am correct and they made a mix up. Luckily there was an ultrasound the there so we just had to wait a bit to be seen.  They offered me a massage while I waited but I declined. I was just anxious to have the ultrasound done!
We had the ultrasound and it went great.  Both babies are doing good and the gender guess was the same as it has beenJ Their heartbeats were 154 and 158.The SCH appears to be gone which is great news! We met back with my OB and she said everything looks good.  I’ll come back in 2 weeks for the anatomy scan which will be a long appointment. We set that for September 20th because they are closed on the 21st. We are having my family over for a gender reveal party on the 21st!  We can’t wait!!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.