I had my six week postpartum appointment today. I weighed 116 which means I have lost 32 pounds since having that babies. She looked at the incision and said it is healing nicely. There is still some hard spots but should heal just fine. I asked her about my belly button and she said if it wasn't going to go back in it would have by now. I also asked about my stomach and the extra skin and she said it is the price I pay for having twins and I can always get a tummy tuck :-( She did a pelvic exam and said everything was fine and cleared me for all regather activity. I had to look at my breasts because I thought I could have an infection due to the soreness, decreased production, and white nipple. I told her this all started a couple days after beginning that fenuqreek. She told me that she has had a few other patients who also had soreness and told me to stop taking Fenuqreek. She said I could eat oatmeal and fax to increase my supply. She also said that some peoples nipples do look like mine from breastfeeding and pumping and told me to either reduce the amount I had been pumping or stop altogether and do all formula. Unfortunately due to finances this is not a possibility for us.
She asked us about birth control and said we didn't need to go on it if we were prepared to be pregnant again since we struggled so much with getting pregnant. She advised us to wait a year so my body can completely heal from the C-section and my uterus being double stretched and said if we spontaneously got pregnant it would be okay.
I discussed my anxiety with her and said it had definitely increased since my two week appointment. I am hopeful that the increase is just due to lack of sleep and being cooped up in the house for six weeks. I told her that I really don't want to be on medication again and I was hoping to cope with it for the time being and once I started getting out of the house it would decrease. She even said that not having adult interactions and dealing with babies all day can definitely cause an increase in anxiety. She suggested that I take some time for myself for just a break or a breather and also said just to talk when I feel an increase in anxiety and just vent. am hoping all of this will help.
I don't have to see her again unless I have any problems otherwise I will see her for my annual in one year.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.