Photobucket Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, May 19, 2012

May 7th, 2012: And we begin...

It’s been awhile since I last wrote.  A lot has happened in the past couple of weeks.  The next protocol began based upon when I ovulated.  I used the ovulation predictor kits and of course never got a strong positive.  I was supposed to ovulate on the 30th, however the strongest line I got was the 26th.  I had my blood done 7 days later and had a negative reading for ovulation.  I had my blood done again on May 7th however we were leaving for California.  The nurse called around 4:45 when we were already a few hours on the road.  She said that the doctor would be calling us later that evening.  At 7:45, my doctor called and said my progesterone level was 3.8 when it should be between 4-10.  Since it was close enough and we were out of town, he gave permission to begin estrogen.  I started taking 4 pills (4mg) of estrace every night.

We also applied for financial assistance for our medications.  We submitted the application along with proof of medications we paid for out of pocket.  A few days later we got the phone call saying we were denied because we make too much money.  We went ahead and ordered the medications paying $2,200 out of pocketL

Here is our crazy schedule for the next few weeks:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.