We had a
great appointment today. When we met
with our Doctor he went over the whole protocol with us again. I brought up my concerns that I hadn’t gotten
a strong positive on the ovulation tests I had taken. I was supposed to ovulate on Day 14 which was
April 30th however the darkest line I got was on the 26th
and followed by a faint line on the 27th….. as the days went on, the lines got
more and more faint until they were gone.
He told me not to worry and that we would take my blood in 2 days which
would be 7 days from the 26th to determine if I ovulated or
not. I would then be starting estrogen
on Friday or Saturday and start injection on May 19th.
Our Doctor
also explained why he went into this field.
He said his vision was to not only help people have babies, but to help
change the cost in our country. He feels
IVF should only cost 2000 but realizes realistically it would cost 3000. He think if there are less meds, less
ultrasounds and they don’t go after all the eggs they can get, it will keep the
costs down. Also, instead of going under
anesthesia they would numb the area and retrieve what they see. Since it only takes 1 egg to make an embryo,
if they only retrieve a few, that is fine.
He asked if this cycle doesn’t
work, would we be interested in trying this with him. He said he isn’t sure if the other doctor
will agree to it, so he would pick up the cost.
He also explained
how he would like to offer a 2nd attempt of IVF for the same price
as 1 attempt. He said 70% of people get
pregnant the first time so it would only be 30% that would go to the 2nd
attempt. However, he doesn’t think the
other doctor will go for this either. He
might have to start up his own business one day to make these things happen!
So, we left
there feeling optimistic!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.