We had our embryo
transfer set for day 3 at 10:00. We were
asked to report at 9:30. Our doctor had
the day off so he told us he would call and let us know the quality and if we
would go through with a day 3 or day 5 transfer. As soon as he got the news, he
called us and told us to come in for a day 3.
The 10 embryos were still growing!
We had 2 A’s and 8 C’s. We could
not believe we had A’s!!! I never
thought we would have A’s. I thought we
would have a few B’s and C’s. It is
interesting to me how we have A’s and C’s, but no B’s. When we arrived, our doctor went over the
quality and the plan. The A’s were
almost perfect! They were 8 cell and
.5. We aren’t sure what .5 means, but he
said A’s are normally 1.0 so a .5 is really good! The C’s range from 2 to 6 cell. Our doctor felt it was best for us to do a
day 3 transfer. We really wanted a day 5
transfer however there was really no benefit in waiting. We clearly knew which embryos were the best
and it wasn’t worth risking the quality dropping as the days went on. Also, there was a very little chance the C’s
would catch up to the A’s.
So, we went
ahead and did a day 3 transfer. We
transferred 2 beautiful embryos! My
doctor and nurse said I won the best embryo of the day!:) They both also said
my lining looks beautiful. After the
transfer, my doctor came and talked to us for a good 20 minutes. He said he felt so good about this and said I’ll
be mad at him when I’m pregnant with twinsJ
I’m now doing
progesterone injections and suppositories.
My doctor wants me doing both just in case. He gave us free samples to get us through the
pregnancy test. I will start estrogen
patches on June 6th and the pregnancy blood test is on the 14th. We are anxiously waiting until then! I feel really good about this and am very
optimistic!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.