On February 8th,
we went in for the Day 3 ultrasound. I
had 18-19 follicles, the most ever! My
doctor commented that we scared my follicles!
I began birth control on February 8th through February 21st. On February 20th, I had the saline
test to check for any polyps. My doctor
commented that we scared my follicles! There
was a slight possibility that I had a polyp on my cervix. Dr. Amols thought it was most likely just a
ridge on my lining, but wanted to check with Dr. Patel before pursuing.
Everything ended up fine so I began birth control on February 27th. I was on it for 2 weeks and took my last one
on March 12th.
On March 14th,
we went in for blood work, ultrasound and medicine teaching lesson. I had 8 follicles on one side and 4 on the other. On March 15th, I began my
cycle. On March 16th, I began
taking a morning lupron (20units) and evening lupron injection. On March 17th, I continued with my
morning and evening lupron injection and added a morning menopur (150 units)
injection and evening follitsim (225) injection. I took 2 pills every night of dexamethasone.
We had a difficult time choosing when to
do the injections. The most important thing
was that the injections were 12 hours apart.
We decided to do the injections at noon and midnight to work with Kevin’s
schedule. My period ended on March 19th
and we went in for more blood work to check my estrogen levels. They wanted the levels to be around 100, but
mine were at 70 so they increased my follistim from 225 to 300.
The injections
definitely were not easy. I tried to put
myself into a zone and reminded myself why we were doing this. Thinking this way seemed to help. I found using a heating pad before and after
definitely helped. As the days went on,
it became more and more difficult to find places to inject. My stomach became a pin cushion and was
incredibly sore. The menopur was the
injection I dreaded the most. It was
pretty painful and burned.
All of the meds
stayed the same for the remainder of our IVF cycle. They were never able to decrease my meds
because my body wasn’t responding as expected.
My doctor commented that anyone else my age would be in ovarian hyper
stimulation. This was pretty upsetting
news.
The following was our
crazy schedule for a 2 week window:
2012-03-23 :Appt at 8:45,
2 mature on right with 4-5 behind, 4-5 on left. 608 Estrogen level, morning and
evening lupron injection, morning menopur, evening follitsm (300)
2012-03-22 :morning and evening lupron injection, morning menopur, evening follitsm (300)
2012-03-14 :Bloodwork, Ultrasound (8+4), med teaching
2012-03-22 :morning and evening lupron injection, morning menopur, evening follitsm (300)
2012-03-14 :Bloodwork, Ultrasound (8+4), med teaching
2012-03-15 :Morning and
evening lupron injection
2012-03-15 Start Period
2012-03-16 :Morning and
evening lupron injection
2012-03-17 :morning and
evening lupron injection, morning menopur, evening follitsm
2012-03-18 :morning and
evening lupron injection, morning menopur, evening follitsm
2012-03-19 End Period, bloodwork
at 8am, hormones low 70 instead of 100, increasing medicine to 300iu follitsm
2012-03-20 :morning and
evening lupron injection, morning menopur, evening follitsm (300)
2012-03-21 :bloodwork and
ultrasound
morning and evening lupron injection, morning menopur, evening follitsm (300)
US: 7 on right and 5 on left, Estrogen level 314
morning and evening lupron injection, morning menopur, evening follitsm (300)
US: 7 on right and 5 on left, Estrogen level 314
2012-03-22 :morning and
evening lupron injection, morning menopur, evening follitsm (300)
2012-03-23 :Appt at 8:45,
2 mature on right with 4-5 behind, 4-5 on left. 608 Estrogen level, morning and
evening lupron injection, morning menopur, evening follitsm (300)
2012-03-25 :Appt at 8:30. 1134 Estrogen level, 7 or 8 follicles,
morning and evening lupron injection, morning menopur, evening follitsm (300)
2012-03-26 :Appt at 7:45,
2375 Estrogen level, 7 follicles and 2 behind, morning and evening lupron
injection, morning menopur, evening follitsm (300)
2012-03-27 :Appt at 8:45,
7 follicles, last lupron and menopur morning shot, trigger at 8:30
2012-03-28 :Appt. at 2:00
2012-03-29 :Appt at 8:30,
7 eggs retrieved. There was an 8th but too small.
2012-03-30 :5/7 eggs had
ICSI done on them. 4 fertilized. Doing a day 3 transfer. Started progesterone
injections
2012-03-31 :Progesterone
Injection hurt and bled
2012-04-01 :Transfer done.
4 eggs, all C grade. 2,4,7,8 cells. 2 transferred. Very hard day. Progesterone
injection okay.


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.