We went in on January 10th for the Day 3 ultrasound. Again, Dr. Amols asked if it was really Day 3. My follicles were larger than they should be for Day 3. They were appearing more like Day 5. He asked if Dr. Patel had tested my AMH (Anti Mullerian Hormone) levels. This was a blood test I needed to get done. We began clomid on the 10th. This month, we decided to go a more aggressive approach. Instead of 1 min injection, we did 2. We took the first injection on January 15th and the second on January 6th (menopur). We went in on January 18th for our Day 11 ultrasound and received bad news. I not only responded the poorest (only 2 eggs, 14.5 and 18 mm) but I also had low AMH levels. For someone my age, I should be above a 1.0. My level is .95.
Dr. Amols explained that our chances of IUI working are slim. We decided to go ahead with the IUI because we had already gone so far. We took the trigger shot on the 19th and had the IUI done on the 21st. I began progesterone on the 23rd.
I went home and of course did a lot of research. I thought I had POF (Premature Ovarian Failure). From everything I read, I thought our only option to ever conceive was through an egg donor. I thought my eggs were all badL It was a very emotional few days. When we went in on the 21st for the IUI, Dr. Amols confirmed that I do not have POF, but my levels are lower than they should be for a 28 year old.
Dr. Amols explained our best chance of getting pregnant was through IVF. Due to my low AMH levels, he was going to take the most aggressive approach with me. We still were hoping the IUI worked, but it didn’t. Failed treatment #5L



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.